need to know

I was wondering, I am looking into a career as a nurse but want to know if somewhere along the line will I have to take a physical to check for venereal diseases? I was tested for herpes over 5 years ago and the test came back positive. I have never had an outbreak since the first initial one when i had very painful genital warts. Does this prohibit my future in wanting to become a nurse. Will I have to disclose this private information to a future employer in the medical field?
there is no reason for them to test you for herpes and they typically do not. genital herpes is not an issue as far as taking care of your patients.

no, you do not have to discuss herpes or a hpv history to employers.

grace
thank you so much for your attention to my questions. You have been very helpful and informative. thanks again :)

Try2

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.