High Blood Pressure / Hypertension Community
827 Members
Tbd

What can we do to help bring down swelling my hubby's legs and ankles?

External User
He is currently taking Lisinapril/HCTZ 20-12.5
Hello and welcome to MedHelp's forums. So, your husband is on blood pressure medication or is this prescribed for congestive heart failure?  Is it working?  Is his BP controlled? Some BP medications can actually cause swelling  such as calcium channel blockers.  You don't mention that as something he is on.  The swelling should be reported to his doctor and he should be examined.  

Here is a symptom checker for your husband https://symptomchecker.webmd.com/multiple-symptoms?symptoms=high-blood-pressure|swelling|swelling&symptomids=406|5|5&locations=66|50|62.

My suggestion is to see his doctor to discuss.  Congestive heart failure is indeed also associated with swelling.
JohnnysdearExternal User
Thanks so much for the suggestion of the symptom checker.  It leads to possible congestive heart failure.  He has an appt with our GP next Monday.
I'm glad that helped.  We hope his appointment goes well and provides answers for you.  Let us know what happens.