Orthopedics Community

For people with carpal tunnel syndrome

I read in the carpal tunnel syndrome forums that it was okay to post here too so I thought I would give it a shot.

My sister doesn't know if she has carpal tunnel wants to find out because her doctors appointment is in 1 week. She wondering if these symptoms are part of carpal tunnel. She's having this very faint prickly feeling and it's in the part of the forearm that faces us and its random where it occurs, but mostly occurs in the middle of the forearm. The weird thing is that the prickly sensation is not always there and her hand seems fine like it seems strong and there isn't constant pain, numbness or tingling just the occasional tingle or prickly feeling. Is the pain from carpal tunnel syndrome a constant radiating pain or can it be very random? She did the Phalen Test and told me there is a very very faint tingle, but is thinking that it might be there just because shes looking for the symptoms. I'm thinking its possibly something else, but she wants to make sure so we are going to the doctor to have it checked out.
Hi. Without knowing more symptoms it's hard to say, but I can suggest asking her doctor about Radial tunnel syndrome or Tennis elbow. Also, Rheumatoid arthritis can cause a weird feeling in the forearm.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.