Aa
A
A
A
Close
Orthopedics Community
12.7k Members

MRI Arthrogram on 13 yo's shoulder

Our son is scheduled for an MRI Arthrogram of his right shoulder.  I hear this is very painful.  I understand we all have different pain levels, and I wanted to get others opinions, so I can have him adequately  prepared.  He dove for a fumble and jammed his shoulder and rolled over his arm.  He heard and felt it pop.  He thought it was a stinger at first and went back in the game.  Only to realize he couldn't move or use his arm   The trainer said it was a broken collar bone, the ER doc said it was a 1st degree AC Separation and put him in an immobilizer and told time to take ibuprofen until we saw the Ortho doc.  This doctor feels it is perhaps a SLAP Tear, hence the MRI.  He is not a big fan of surgery on 13 year olds, but rather PT and getting the inflammation down.   I would love to hear your thought and opinions.    Thank you!
1 Responses
10389859 tn?1409921868
I think this link will put your mind at ease:  http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=arthrog . Best of luck to your son. :-)
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.