How accurate is gc/ct urine testing?

A few weeks ago I had a condom break on me during intercourse.  About a week later I started to notice mild itching and light discharge.  By the two week mark I had gotten tested and all my results came back negative. I was under the impression that  these tests were very sensitive.  Is it possible to show negative regardless of having symptoms?  If so,  what in the heck is wrong with me?
Tests are very accurate. If you urinated shortly before the test then yes could show negative.

See a Dr to discuss symtpoms.
It depends on the test but the most common tests are about 98% sensitive and usually 100% specific. Nothing is 100% but you can't beat that in a diagnostic test.
Thanks for the speedy response.  It had been at least 2 hours since I had urinated  prior to taking the test. I urinated when I got up that morning and the next time wasn't until providing the test specimen.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.