Do I have syphilis

About 3 months ago I had sexual intercourse with my girlfriend I later developed a bump on the head of my penis few days later. I have been applying some antifungal but lately I was examined by a doctor who said it was syphilis. The bumps cleared of and came back days later. The doctor has prescribed doxycycline, clindamycin,some antihistamines and mupiderm ointment...the sores are on my buttocks and head of my penis.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Did the doctor test you? That's the only way to know if you have syphilis for sure.

It doesn't sound like it, though - syphilis isn't normally a bunch of sores. It is usually one or two round, painless sores.

What dose of doxycycline did he give you? Are you allergic to penicillin? Are you still with your girlfriend? She needs to test for syphilis. If she is negative, you probably don't have it, unless you've been with someone else. Even if you aren't together, letting her know is the best thing to do, since untreated syphilis can have very serious complications.

If your doctor didn't test you, go ask for a test. This is really important, because to know if you are cured, they will do another test later and look at the numbers.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.