Skin Cancer Community

Mole with a whitehead

I have a mole on my back.  I have no idea if it has been there my entire life or not. (I cannot see my back very well).  I noticed about a month ago that I had a little pain on my back (like a pimple).  I had my mother in law look at it and she said it looked like a pimple or an irritated mole.  Since then, I had not noticed an discomfort for a few weeks and kind of forgot about it until yesterday.  It again is very sore and has a white puss-like head in the center of it.  The area around the white is very red and slightly inflamed.  I do not have a dermatologist or health insurance right now.  I did call a local dermatologist to schedule an appointment, but it takes over two months to get in!  I very concerned and want to see a doctor asap.  Has anyone else ever had symptoms like this?  
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
From freckles to fungus, skin and nail problems can be stressful. Dermatologists tell us how to remedy common crises.
Learn the 5 warning signs of skin cancer
See our picks for the best buys and must-have ingredients to protect your skin
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.