Iron pills?

So my period was basically on & off in only just. I think this week I finally had a normal period again. But I'm going to the doctor. Should I keep taking iron pills because they were kinda helping me with my period to bleed more , not really heavy but still
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  hm.  I'm not really sure why you think iron pills help you bleed more.  They are generally given by doctors to women or recommended when a woman suffers heavy bleeding during menstruation.  Women lose iron during heavy bleeding and this replenishes it.  Too much iron has harmful side effects and isn't recommended.  So, I'm not sure who prescribed the iron.  I think if you are going to see your doctor, you should discuss this.  Most multi vitamins have some iron in them, lots of foods do, etc  But taking a straight iron supplement is often reserved for only those who have proven to be anemic.  Talk to your doctor but I don't think they are really helping you 'bleed more'.  good luck hon