Lump near pubic bone

I am 20 years old and I have a lump on the right side of my vagina. It is near my pubic bone, near the hairline. You can't see it but you can feel it when you apply pressure and move in circular motion. It is about the size of a marble and does cause some pain, but nothing drastic. There is also some swelling around it. But I am very worried and tried researching on it. I really need some advice right now. Please, help me.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have a lump on the right side of my pubic area. It's about half an inch long, and a quarter inch wide. It's very red and has a slight fever. Theres no head on it like a pimple or infected hair would have. It also has a burning sensation and it VERY sensitive to the touch. I go to the dr tomorrow but am really scared. I hate pain and am afraid that she's gonna lacerate it..... I've tried the hot compresses and hot baths and it's not getting any better............... It hurts a lot. I have no idea what's causing it.... I don't shave that area, I'm a virgin, and...... yea. Any ideas?
Helpful - 0
Hi uhmm i found this lil ball in the top of my vagina like where your pubic hair is beside my leg.
am 15 years old and am reallly worrry it hurts whenn i sit and if i touch it i wanna know it i can pop it or if to go to the doctors and really scared i dont wanna tell my mom .
Please i neeed someone to answer me ASAP!
THANKS
Helpful - 0
I have 2 "lumps" in my vulva area, after seeing the gyno he said they were nothing but limpomas and that there was no reason to have them removed. They are soft and can move around.
Hope I helped!
Helpful - 0
Hey i'm sorry ladies but I've been looking all over the web and couldn't find a blog on this issue for men...Maybe it's just not commom for guys but. I've noticed I have the same under skin lump right below my pelvic bone on the right side. But i'm not sure if I should be worried or not. If any one can help or direct me to a blog similar to this for men please help....
Helpful - 0
  I have had several of cysts.  For some reason I am very prone to them.  I have had them mainly in the pubic or thigh region.  It is usually blocked folicles.  I do recommend getting checked of course.  Other reasons for these may be if U exercise or sweat in these regions and wait to shower as the pores get blocked quickly.  I also have hardly any butt, and the DR said that when I sit or have to much pressure in an area too long, it also causes this.  Totally freaked the first time I rode my motorcycle on a five hour ride to a rally and by the time I got home I had to cysts on the inside of my thighs were the pressure from sitting was.  I guess my point is, get it checked, but don't freak, 'cuz it could be no big deal and if it is you won't know until the results.  Then you will have options at that point.  So it is wasted freaking.  Hope this may calm someone.
Helpful - 0
help please, i found a lump on the right pelvic aera hair line thingy and im so scared :( it hurts when pressure is added and it moves, its not that big but the size is about a thumb and hard. iv only recently noticied it around xmas time and around this time, the lower stomach/pelvic area began to hurt and get shooting pains. How ever, im worried this is linked to the sex. I am having sex with my new partener since then and as a result;  my tummy is in pain after sex with him and this lump isnt going away (but nor getting bigger)
could it be an std? and can i have children? reading this page has made me so scared.
Im young and petrified
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.