Throat irritation while sucking breast.

Hello Doctor,
My wife is 32 years old, we got married when she was 27 years old. Since the very first day I notices that she has breast milk/white fluid coming out of her breast. If I suck her breast she gest irritation in her throat and starts coughing. Is it natural? Even I get irritation after drinking a bit from her breast, may be because am allergic to milk.
We didn't plan for a baby yet. Can I get a clear idea what's wrong with her. The local doctor couldn't help us out.
regards,
Sam
Hello Sam,  I am not a medical doctor.

I suggest you book an appointment with a different doctor at your surgery.  If there is no other doctor, make an appointment to see him and ask him to refer your wife to the  Endocrinology Department at the hospital.

Your wife should not be lactating when not pregnant.  This may be a hormonal issue which is affected by the Pituitary gland.  The Endocrinology department deals with issues to do with the pituitary gland.

In the meantime do not suck on her breast.  It is NOT normal to lactate when not pregnant or when not breast feeding a baby after the milk ducts stop producing milk.    

Your are not allergic to milk if you drink normal milk and have no problem. Your wife could have a serious health issue.  

Make an urgent appointment to see a doctor or specialist as soon as possible.

Let me know how things go.

Best wishes.
COMMUNITY LEADER
If you cannot get to a specialist or endocrinologist, ask her regular doctor to test her prolactin levels.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.