bladder sling problems

i am having problems with my sling . iam hurting alot down there.i had my surgery done 5 years ago.is this normal?

This discussion is related to Bladder Sling Surgery.
I`ve had the pelvic sling in for 4 yrs.  I started to have problems the first winter while shoveling heavy slush.  My doctor just blew my complaints off. It now hurts so bad I can`t even walk let alone ride my horse ( the reason I had the surgery in the first place)  I have been off work for two weeks now, due to pain.  I need help now but don`t know who to turn to.  Joan Williams ***@****
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I am having some of the same problems, I have had the procedure twice.  I also have had to have another procedure because of bladder stones.  Then I developed uretha polyps.  I have had several infections. I am dealing with an infection now.  I have stopped exercising because there is blood in my urine sometimes when I exercise. I am scheduled to have another procedure on June 20th
I had this sling done about 5 years ago and in the last 3 weeks have been havingwater  infections and the doctor putting me on antibiotics and its not clearing up, the pain down below is exactly like what you have described. I'm waiting to get back into the specialist who done the procedure.  I'm kinda stressed out of this cause I will hate to take time off work.  I'm from Canada.
Please or to view.
I have put off my surgery and going to try pelvic floor therapy, which i have no idea how i will even get through that since i have so much pain.  The pain has been so bad lately and i keep telling her and they just don't want to listen!  She also has me going to see a kidney dr (go this thursday) for all the blood in my urine.  That was the whole reason for going to the first doctor and the problem is still there and 3 surgeries later!  I am just so sick of bein in pain all the time and nothing being done!  If i knew this was going to happen when i had the first one, i would of never went through with it!  Best of luck to you and please keep me posted.
I can't tell you how much work I have missed over this and the issue is still not corrected!  I am not having the surgery down over right now.  I am going to try pelvic floor therapy, but don't know how that is going to go since the pain is so bad.  I am also seeing a kidney doctor this week and can't wait to hear what they say!  I am just over it and would like to be able to go a day where the pain wasn't killing me!  They gave me pain medicine, but can't take it since I work and my drive to and from is a hour each way!  Please keep us posted and hope you get some answers!
I do all the time. I am following up with a new dr this week to try and get help. I had my done in 04/2011 and have been worse off since having it done.
I had my sling put in 12/21/2012! I regret it every day, I've been in constant pain ever since, burning as if I have a UTI, the urologist told me to just deal with it, gave me pain pills ans an antidepressant.. I'm scheduled to return to work 2/4 , but I'm not sure I can, the pain is more than I can stand.im so depressed the surgery turned out this way. I'm trying to find a doctor close for a second opinion, but I fear I'll just get another, it's not the sling, it's in your head
Can someone please help me.....I'm 35 and had the sling surgery a year ago. A week after the surgery my lower abdomen was deformed , but no one was able to tell me the reason. Now, it happens every few months, painful and horrible. Trying to figure out if it has something to do with the surgery and what is it...
Please or to view.
Please or to view.