Aa
A
A
A
Close

Cholesterol Community

Cholesterol, a waxy, fat-like substance, is important for you body, but too much in your blood can form plaques that sticks to artery walls and narrow or block your arteries increasing your risk of heart disease. Discuss topics including cholesterol’s link to heart disease, how to maintain a low cholesterol diet, and treatment methods for lowering your cholesterol.
1 - 12 (of 464) questions
Tbd

how do I increase my HDL

SkinnyinmydreamsExternal User
With foods or omitting foods and what else?
I got a terrible rash after taking it for 5 mos in 2018. Derm called it a "lichenoid drug eruption". (He blamed it on metroprolol. I'd ta...
If so how often should you exercise?
I want to change my eating habits and incorporate different foods that would help me lower my cholesterol. Can you give me options?
My cholesterol is high. In enjoy walking
Does lifting weights help lower cholesterol
What is the number one food item to eat for a healthy heart?
Tbd

Does exercise help lower cholestrol?

AH_2566575860623582045_664_14External User
for example walking every day or aerobics
I need to lose weight and wanted suggestion on how to get my metabolism boosted.
I have been reading information that fish oil can decrease cholesterol levels, I tried taking them once and I showed a decrease but stop...
I want to know more about the signs of high cholesterol.
How do you know when your cholsetrol is high?
Top Heart Disease Answerers
159619 tn?1538184537
Salt Lake City, UT
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.