Detoxing from Oxy while at work? Day 1 :(

I have a huge oxycodone habit and I hope posting here helps with me get through the detox process.  I was taking about 12 30mg Roxys per day for the past 2 years.  Unfortunately I preferred to snort them and honestly I think that I’m more addicted to that then anything.  The feeling that I got from the actual snorting sensation is very addictive.  Anyways, I’m attempting to start my detox today.  I took 1 subutex today, which helped a bit.   Starting tomorrow, I will not be taking anything.   The other unfortunate part – I cannot miss work.  So, I have Imodium and 800mg IB. I figure if I can make it to Friday then I have the weekend, by Monday the 7th, I will be decent.   I’m a 33yo male.  Does anyone have anything they can add as far as getting through the withdrawals while working?  I’m really worried about the energy part of it.  I appreciate any feedback.  Thank you.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
As the above have already posted, you will have a difficult time detoxing at work - I can't even imagine what that would be like. However, if anyone notices or says anything, just tell them that you're feeling kind of sick but, because of the staffing shortage, you drug yourself in anyway.
There are things available that may help, but for me time was the only thing that made any difference. Each minute, every hour was a victory as I was getting closer to my goal.
And as a footnote - we addicts love the rituals associated with using almost as much as using...Your's was snorting, mine was having my pills with me and watching the clock until the "magic hour" when I could take the meds. I had others, but that was my favorite.
Hang in there.  If you can get through a couple of days at work while detoxing then you can do just about anything.
K
Helpful - 0
Thank Kyle!  Yeah,  I know exactly what you mean. Im so used to working high and snorting pills. It used to be my breakfast basically.  Im almost half way there!  My legs are killing me. And I hate the cold sweats.  The worst is my legs at night... they dont stop moving.  I feel really determined this time...  Its different the the other times Ive tried to quit.
Helpful - 0
Isn't the support on here amazing?! I would never have gotten to day 41 with out them!! As for the Diet DP I totally understand I love my diet coke! lol I now find myself craving water more and more every day! You can do this even if you feel like giving up jump on here and post it will get you threw! We are all here for you!
Keep up the good work and look forward to the weekend!
Helpful - 0
Well...  My work day is half way done.  Its pretty crazy,  I obviosly feel horrible. I forgot the immodium... my brain is really foggy. My eyes are watery and I have a lot of cold sweats. I have been drinking alot of water and I suprisingly was able to eat half a sub.  This is awesome..lol.
Helpful - 0
Haha, keep up that attitude and you will be fine.
I know a few people that detoxed at work.  We formed a Secret Detoxers Club.  We told one girl just to hide behind the filing cabinet.  We made up fake guns to aim at people that annoyed us.  It just went on and on but it was fun and it helped a few people through working while detoxing.  
Good luck and Keep Posting
Helpful - 0
Doesn't mean much now, but just think of the stories you'll be able to tell. I did a couple of things during my days in detox hell, and when I look back I have to laugh. I've posted a couple of my "adventures in hell".  
If you can, keep your sense of humor - it will be as important as anything else during this process.
K
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community