ANYONE HAVE AGRORAPHOBIA,IS MEDS RECOMENDED FOR IT?

ANYONE HAVE AGRORAPHOBIA,IS MEDS RECOMENDED FOR IT? IF SO WHICH KINDS? RIGH TNOW I TAKE TOPROL XL JUST STARTED IT BUT NOT HELPING YET WITH PANIC FEELINGS AND FEAR OF DRIVING/RIDING IN CARS. ITS HARD JUS TLOOKING TO SEE WHAT HAS HELPED OTHERS THANKS :0
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Seems you got your answer on the anxiety forum. Can't do better than that.
Helpful - 0
i was diagnosed at the age of 14 i suffered from it for years prior but their has never been a med that worked for me they just ont help at least for me they didnt
Helpful - 0
IVE HAD AGROAPHOBIA FOR 15YRS WELL THATS WHEN I WAS DIAGNOISED? BUT HAD ANXIETY ALL MY LIFE! THEY STARTED ME OFF ON PROZAC AND XANAX WHICH DID HELP BUT BEFORE I TELL U MORE I KNOW THAT SCARES YOU! THERES THE MIDWEST CENTER FOR STRESS AND ANXIETY IN OHIO I FIRST HEARD OF IT 15YRS AGO I COULDNT AFFORD THE CDS BACK THEN SO I WENT TO THE LIBRARY AND GOT LUCINDA BASSETTS BOOK CALLED ATTACKING ANXIETY FROM PANIC TO POWER PUSH YOURSELF TO GET THIS BOOK IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE GOOD LUCK!! TO ALL
Helpful - 0
I have had severe social anxiety, so bad that I didn't leave the house for 8 months and then I went to the hospital for help and they put me on Klonopin .05 mg and it works like magic, I have been out of the house more in the last week then I have in 8 months, I have the problem of being able to stay on the med that is working considering I don't have a Dr. I hope that helps
Helpful - 0
If you go to a psychiatrist and most GP's you will almost always get a drug. If you go to a therapist or psychologist that teats only anxiety they will usually tell you that no one recovers on drugs alone and for may people it makes them worse - plus getting off can be a hell no one can imagine - way worse than anxiety

Anxiety drugs can feel like a miracle until you try to stop them or they poop out on you

Way down the line drugs can have consequences - the other tools don’t and you wont need to be hooked into a doctor - pharmacy and worried when to take the next pill
Helpful - 0
I have been on clonazapam in varying amounts for over 20 yrs....can't tolerate any other meds since anal cancer in 2007.  Altho' my doctor and I have tried and retried several antidepressants...all have same serious side effects.

Now...the thing is: my medicine is just a base.  I do the work....get out each day...no hanging around apt staring out the window.

Therapy would be grand if you can find a therapist.  I am fortunate to have had free help @ MD Anderson after cancer treatment and the murder of my son.  So help is out there....be persistant.

Helpful - 0
Oops...see this is an ancient post....hope all is resolved by now
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Agoraphobia Community