Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anxiety and VEB's - wake-up anxious

Recently I was diagnosed with Ventricular Ectopic Beats.  ECG and ECHO of heart was normal.  Just the VEB's.  Of nature I am very anxious and can get also very anxious.  I sleep well - I see sleep as an excape.. so I get relaxed during the evening and sleep very good, but every day, the moment I wake-up in the morning.. suddenly I feel anxious and the VEB's are back!!  Any good advice will be appreciated.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you very much for the reply.
Helpful - 0
86819 tn?1378947492
I am a prime example. I completely forgot I had strings of VEB that ran together (i.e. non sustained ventricular tachycardia), until I had an unrelated syncope episode one day, and wondered whether is could have been heart related. Turns out that it wasn't, so it was important to wonder, but any worrying I did was just a waste of time.....
Helpful - 0
86819 tn?1378947492
Hi. I posted on another thread. As I mentioned, it is better to get a specific diagnosis such as "these VEB's are benign, and thus no risk nor indication of a diseased heart".  Mostly this is the way it is anyway, so you might as well continue to sleep well while you follow up with your doc, if that is what you need to do at this point.  For most people, these are indeed just something to live with, and after a while you forget about em because you learn that they are totally harmless.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Agoraphobia Community

Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
675718 tn?1530033033
El Paso, TX
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?