Anxiety Community
23k Members

My brains has these fast motion periods where everything around me is going in fast motion what is it?

I'm 14 years old and I have these periods where my brain starts to race and it feels like everything is going in fast motion. When I talk, somebody is talking, music is playing or when I walk it feels like everything is going in fast motion like everything is being extremely rushed.It happens at least once every 2 weeks but i've had it twice this week . This only happened to me about 2 times in the past year but also I get these patterns of noises in my head when I'm lying in bed and it keeps me from sleeping.I just wanted to know what it was because I honestly am scared and my mother laughs at me when i try to tell her that something is wrong and it frustrates me
Hi girl, I'm Dave.
This thing happening to me since I was small. And it has disappeared for sometime, and it came back now. Now means not now but some time a ago. And I'm 23 now. I had all the feelings you had before. It's creepy but don't get nervous. You no what it's all about your mind, when it's happening you have to stay calm, breath well and stay focused, best way is just close your eyes and stay calm.

But I think you are someone lucky, u no what I usually got this thing when I'm riding bike. Just imagine how I would feel. It happens when I'm riding.  But I just keep calm and try to overcome by myself. I keep calm and silent even close my eyes for those things to go off..  If you keep calm it won't remain so long  most probably it will last long some minutes only.

Meditation is the best way to cure this motion. And let me tell you something this speed or fast or anything can't be totally stopped but can control by yourself.

Hell yeah, remember this girl.  We are someone special then anyone. So chill and enjoy.
Don't forget to be calm and fight with it.

Hope this post will help you.
*with my own experience

May God bless you
Hello, I´m 25 and have been experiencing this since i was a child aswell. I have found that a certain "mood" triggers it. In most cases it has started when I have been studying,which i came to learn is actually due to me reading while thinking actively. Being hungry,in other words, not having eaten a lot also seems to be a factor. I rarely experience this anymore and I´ve come to miss this feeling. Don´t be afraid of it,it´s quite fascinating really,enjoy it! However,when surronded by other people it can be inconvenient so i found a solution to gradually make it stop. Chewing works for me,whether i have something in my mouth or not, so if anyone of you feel a need to have a way to stop it,carry gum with ya!

-Finnish Dude
Same when focusing on something ... Blinking and chewing helps it stop...
I'm 21 and this stuff still happens to me at time and i hate it. My mom told me when i was little i would get night terrors but I remember one night terror and it felt like everything was going fast for me and now that i think about i think all my night terrors were like this. I now realize for me to get rid of it, I have to be in the presence of someone and it will eventually stop. Because thats how my dad stopped the one that i remember till this day.
I've had this dream one time while I was really sick about the age Aims is, i'm sixteen now and haven't had it since. Although, I know someone who has a reoccurring dream like that. It scares them and they promised to tell me when it happened again. So far its been about 5 months.  
My son is 9, and has been experiencing these same sensations of "moving fast." He says that he feels like he is talking fast, even though his words come out in slow motion. He says he feels like he is running, even though he is sitting. It is usually after he is woken up or during a headache. I think that he is not fully awake, even though his eyes are open. Quite scary, actually. He doesn't remember some things he does or says afterward. He has night terrors too, and I am thinking that maybe it is something to do with that? Maybe his body and brain aren't waking up at the same time? The last episode happened last night and I am taking him to the Dr today. Hoping to get some answers. It is the headaches that occur with the episodes of moving fast that is really worrying me.
This is exactly what happened to my daughter (11) last night and also a few weeks ago. Would love to know what it is.
So weird and kinda cool that there are other people out there who also experience/experienced this. I did a lot when I was younger, about the age of 10-14. I'm 23 now and it's been probably 10 years since these episodes, but I remember them very well. Remember when I was sitting by the kitchen table and my mom was talking to me, and she was talking so fast, moving so fast. Very weird. I also remember it was like she was further away as well than she really was. I still feel like it happens sometimes, especially when I'm typing on my laptop late at night and I'm really tired. Might just be in my head though, I don't have any crazy experiences like the ones I had when I was younger anymore. But I too remember that I tried to explain it to my mom, she probably thought I was nuts... Moral of the story: listen to your kids!
I am 32 now i used to get this when i was younger i never shared it with anyone i taught i grew out of it yestarday myself and my huband were driving down the road and it happened to me it was like what i was seeing i seen what was going on before like i had dreamed it.it was all going really fast i felt like i couldnt breath it nevered happened as extreme as this before i am so glad i wasnt driving i think theres something more to this i am a true believer in the spiritual world i have seen things in the past but nothing else has come of it till this happened now i am frightened of it too would anyone feel the same as i do about this thank
Ive dealt with this my whole life and I am 21 now and still it happens to me. It is terrifying. I went to the doctor and they tried to tell me it was an anxiety or panic attack and it doesnt feel like that to me. My best advice to help ease your mind when this happens is take a deep breath and slowly count backwards from ten a few times and try to sit down while doing this an clear your mind. I hope things get better for you! The key is to reconnect and slow your brain energy down to get the fast paced craze to go away. It is hard for anyone who doesnt understand what youre going through to understand what you are talking about and what you are going through.
I'm 28 and just had my first episode of this sensation in over a decade.  I used to get it frequently when I was a kid.  

No anxiety or panic, just that strange sensation that I'm moving much faster than I am.  I always just attributed it to my ADD/ADHD (diagnosed age 9) but I haven't been symptomatic in many years.  I did have 2 cups of strong coffee this morning but that is not a-typical for me.

It was fleeting, only lasting a few minutes and I tried to hang onto it as long as I could.  Has anyone gotten a definitive diagnosis on this?  I'm not concerned or alarmed, just interested.

I suffer from this condition as well. I am 15 and I don't think anyone has died from it. So that's a positive. as for dealing with it, I think the best thing to do is stay still and quite and try to take deep breaths. i hope it works out.
I Suffer from this condition as well. I am 15 and first had it when I was quite young. Today I went for a run this morning and pushed myself a bit harder than usual. Just before i got back home I got this sensation and I hadn't had it for a year or so. I knew what it was as soon as it came. i felt like i was running in super speed but i was only jogging. my breathing sounded fast and there was a rhythm to it. When i was walking down the driveway I was speed walking. I got home and sat on the couch with the TV on and it felt like the people were talking really quickly. it went away after 5 minutes or so. I just focused on my breathing and that seemed to work.  
I'm so glad I found this thread. I used to have these episodes when I was a kid, and today, moments ago (age 22), I had it again.

- "everything gets loud," is how I used to describe it as a kid, but "everything becomes fast" is a good way to describe it now that I had it again.
- extremely heightened sensations (sound, touch, sight)
- my hands or fingers feel considerably enlarged, and I have a really bold image of it in my head when I notice that they feel large.

I thought I was having a panic attack, but the symptoms just don't quite fit. my pulse is normal, I do kind of feel that I have shortness of breath.
Wow I've just had one of these . I used to get them all the time at the age of around 10 , I'm now 40 . Everything seems to be going at a hundred miles an hour and your brain is processing so many different things it thinking nothing and feels like it's going to explode . I tried to explain to my mum when I was young but found it hard and embarrassing , it puts me at easy to know I'm not the only one going through this horrendous thing . And not going insane mine only lasted about ten minutes but felt a lot longer .
Does any one know what this is, our what the reverse of it is? I get the reverse.
Im so glad i'm not the only one!I get times when I am trying to concentrate and all of a sudden its like my brain starts to yell at me really quickly and i've lost control of it for a little while. I don't know how long it's been happening but it throws me off every time because I never feel it coming! I used to be able to make it happen when I was around 14 (21 now) so I could set it off so to speak but now its got a mind of its own! I also get times when i'm just about to fall asleep and my fingers and toes feel HUGE like they have swollen up and are difficult to move. So interesting reading all your stories and i'm so glad i'm not going crazy like my friends think.
So, DartJon, is it that your mind races and it's screaming at you, and it's going so fast that everything else seems slow motion until, it all subsides as quick as it came on?
Hey I'm 13 I haven't put much thought into this when it happened to me all the time since I could remember the past two years it hadn't happened much but when it does I can hear everything going on and can think but every things fast and I have this weird wave of adrenaline and I got scared cuz it happened a few times in school and I don't know if I act any different when it happened it doesn't even last that long contact me on facebook if u need to my names Paige Heiser interested in any information
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but also once in a while I get really dizzy and like feel like I'm going to pass out it's really weird cuz I know where I am and what is happening and in just used to it I know it sounds weird but it kinda feels like I'm in another world but I dot know how to explain it
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! but when things go fast for me I hear screaming (not real, all in my head) like people are getting hurt? it's multiple people screaming and i imagine it's what hell sounds like (I know that's not nice at all but that's the only way I can describe it). i don't know if this is the same to everyone else's, as everyone has exactly the same symptoms except for me? :( I'm only 14 and this started when I was around 10 or 11. it went away for a few years but now it's back?
My son is also going trough this he is 11 and it's happen 4 nights straight since his fever. He repeats why is everything moving fast and has like an axiety attack. Did you ever get diagnosed with anything?
I have had similar experiences, and relate them to my seizure disorder that I've had since I was 5.  B
no I haven't been diagnosed with anything but that's because I haven't gone to the doctor and my parents don't know anything. I think I might have anxiety and maybe depression? no one knows about what Im going through and i dont know what to do?
When I was little 4-13 is when I would hear the screaming and the pain and I thought it was due to past trauma but the episodes like everyone else would happen first. It is scary. I am now 22