learning?

What are the best learning show's and toys for babies and toddler's?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Bump
Helpful - 0
shows on Nick Jr.and Disney Jr. My daughter has learned soo much from Team Umizomi
Helpful - 0
Baby Einstein!! Those are great
Helpful - 0
What about my baby can read? That work?
Helpful - 0
I hear the leapster videos and stuff work well? But idk
Helpful - 0
Babies, nothing. They can`t see the screen enough to care.
Toddlers classic sesame street?

Please do research on My Baby Can Read.
There is proof making your child focus on reading makes them miss other developmental milestones
Helpful - 0
okay I'm a first time mommy and just want to do everything I can
Helpful - 0
Early literacy specialist here!

Any child under the age of 2 should have 0 screen time. No TV, computer, ipad, anything. Baby Einstein was taken to court and had to pay fines and offer to buy back merchandise because not only does it NOT help babies but some studies showed increased tendency of children who were exposed to have ADD/ADHD/autism. Same goes for my baby can read.

Give your child books, a library card, any toys that promote science activities, art supplies, play doh, toys that require imagination instead of batteries. Buy fewer toys and put money towards music lessons - proven to help children with math. Find your child's passion and pour resources into that.

Remember that toy companies, software developers, and the like are out to make money. Fostering a LOVE of reading, learning, and exploring will do more for your child than anything else!
Helpful - 0
I read books to my baby now in the womb and play soothing lullaby music I did this with my first born as well. I've purchased several books for her to have as she grows older from thrift stores and yard sales and some are hand me downs. My son reads to her too before he goes to bed at night.
Helpful - 0
Awww!  That's so sweet your son reads to the baby!
Helpful - 0
okay thank you(:
Helpful - 0
Toys that require them to use their imagination. As newborns just interact with them. Talking to your baby is essential.  When they get older, blocks, play doh, boxes, outdoor play, etc... Electronic use is not recommended under 2 years of age. Baby Einstein and your baby can read are not helpful.
Helpful - 0
I know it might not seem like much but walmart carries these little wrist bands for your baby that make noise when the baby moves his\her arms or legs and it helped my babies with hand eye coordination.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Baby Products Community