For breast feeding moms.

Hello there, so I just have a quick question, if I have my baby in the hospital and choose to formula feed, when I go home can I choose to change my mind a breastfeed at home if I wanted to? I know it's a stupid question but I'm very very self conscious about my breasts. If I was to ever try it is would want to be alone and kinda get the feeling of it. I have 2 kids that were formula fed, but I'm just curious if it's ok to make a transition like that within 2 days of his birth..
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had bubs yesterday and got home last night started breastfeeding but is hurt and he wasnt getting any so this morning i started him on bottles im sure its fine yes :) some people do half half but midwifes dont recommend it goodluck
Helpful - 0
I'm like you self contious about my boobs especially because this pregnancy has made them look a lot worse in my opinion. But my ob kind of explained that it's hard to try to breastfeed especially for the first time on your own, most that try have latching and other issues because you and baby are both learning so you might want to attempt it at the hospital where you have help if you need it. I was also told bottle feeding and pacifiers make it a lot more complicated to breastfeed. Best of luck to you hope it goes well
Helpful - 0
Every baby is different..my first son was breastfed for the first three months then bottle and breast for two months and then just bottle he used to take anything he even took the pacifier. But like justjayy said get some help at the hospital because it can be a challenge if you haven't done it before. It took me a few weeks to get the hang of it too..good luck in whatever you do.
Helpful - 0
Good to know thanks ladies!
Helpful - 0
Don't be afraid to breastfeed in the hospital. Do you know how many things a hospital nurse or doctor sees? They will NOT be judging you! Your breasts will not be on their mind when they go to sleep at night. Lol
It's best to breastfeed in the hospital where you have the help of a lactation consultant available if needed. You want that stimulation from your baby right away so you can trigger for your milk to come in ASAP. If the first thing your baby ***** is a bottle nipple or paci if could cause confusion. Your whole body will be changed after giving birth. Don't worry about your breasts. Let them do what they were made to do. Best of luck to you! <3
Helpful - 0
*If the first thing your baby suckles*

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community