Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
1827365 tn?1410506306

Pregnant and breastfeeding

I'm breastfeeding my 9 month old baby, and I plan on breastfeeding at least up to when she's a year old. However, all people say my milk supply will end.
I'd appreciate all your positive stories and experiences on breastfeeding while pregnant. Is it possible to keep up the supply?
Thanks in advance
3 Responses
Absolutely. I bf until 18 months, have 4 kids, and bf while pregnant. I was told when I wad pg with my 1st that even though the baby doesn't get as much nutrition from nursing at 18mo. That it is best emotionally for them to help them cope with life issues. They will be less likely to have attachment issues, helps them not hey over simulated etc
My daughter is almost 3( in january) and im 32weeks she still refuses to give it up. Ive noticed im producing colostrum now but she doesnt seem to care and doesnt want to stop. Everyone is dif so you might dry up, you might not. If you do dry up before baby gets here it might actually help you wean your first off. I sometimes wish i wouldve dried up lol
287071 tn?1365192513
Best of luck.  I got pregnant while nursing and my supply took a huge hit - my son was a year so I stopped. That was the right decision for me.  Do what is best for you.

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.