Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

how do I know

How do I know my baby is feeding correctly.
7 Responses
How do I know if he is eating enough?
11133727 tn?1417112793
If he is still crying shortly after feeding he is probably still hungry. The routine is usually cry eat sleep. If its cry eat cry something may be wrong.
7552771 tn?1469929649
Your baby should be having 5+ wet diapers in a 24 hour period. If you want to know what is considered a full wet diaper take 3tbsp of water and put it in a clean diaper and that's what a wet diaper should feel like. And remember babies that breastfeed can sometimes cluster feed so if your baby is hungry 30 minutes later don't worry but after feeding baby shouldn't act they're still hungry right away.
Okay thank you ladies I always have this concern my baby tends to feed for afew minutes then sleep. If I wake him up he still won't eat. He has been putting of weight so far
11133727 tn?1417112793
Sounds like u are doing good then :) its my ftp but there was a slight bbyboom the las two yrs amongst all of my friends. One experience her son was crying the first two days non stop. When she went to the doctor being hungry was the cause. She told us she didnt produce enough milk. He is doing well now a seven months. Another i was around them so much i witnessed she would cry, get checkd for a changing if not get her bottle n eat n sleep after drinking 6-8 ounces. Very cute baby girl.
11133727 tn?1417112793
Maybe u should see yout doctor about the concern of his weight? How many months is he? And do u feel he is underweight?
287071 tn?1365192513
Check diapers - number of wet diapers and number of messy diapers.  Also - if you can hear the baby swallowing.  There are ways to weigh the baby before and after a feeding to determine just how much they're getting. But with babies that are breast fed - it's near impossible to know how much they're getting.  It's enough if they have enough wet and messy diapers and they're growing/gaining weight.

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community

Top Babies Answerers
287071 tn?1365192513
St. Paul, MN
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Approaching your due date? Look for these signs of labor.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Your guide to safely exercising throughout your 40 weeks.
What to expect in your growing baby
Learn which foods aren't safe to eat when you're eating for two.