how do I know

How do I know my baby is feeding correctly.
How do I know if he is eating enough?
If he is still crying shortly after feeding he is probably still hungry. The routine is usually cry eat sleep. If its cry eat cry something may be wrong.
Your baby should be having 5+ wet diapers in a 24 hour period. If you want to know what is considered a full wet diaper take 3tbsp of water and put it in a clean diaper and that's what a wet diaper should feel like. And remember babies that breastfeed can sometimes cluster feed so if your baby is hungry 30 minutes later don't worry but after feeding baby shouldn't act they're still hungry right away.
Okay thank you ladies I always have this concern my baby tends to feed for afew minutes then sleep. If I wake him up he still won't eat. He has been putting of weight so far
Sounds like u are doing good then :) its my ftp but there was a slight bbyboom the las two yrs amongst all of my friends. One experience her son was crying the first two days non stop. When she went to the doctor being hungry was the cause. She told us she didnt produce enough milk. He is doing well now a seven months. Another i was around them so much i witnessed she would cry, get checkd for a changing if not get her bottle n eat n sleep after drinking 6-8 ounces. Very cute baby girl.
Maybe u should see yout doctor about the concern of his weight? How many months is he? And do u feel he is underweight?
Check diapers - number of wet diapers and number of messy diapers.  Also - if you can hear the baby swallowing.  There are ways to weigh the baby before and after a feeding to determine just how much they're getting. But with babies that are breast fed - it's near impossible to know how much they're getting.  It's enough if they have enough wet and messy diapers and they're growing/gaining weight.

You are reading content posted in the Breastfeeding Community