Ear, Nose & Throat Community

OSTEOMYELITIS -- Focal Area (approx.15mm) of Fibrosis seen overlying left half of Lyoid Bone with minimal underlying irregularitiy of the Bone.

About Me: Male, 37, New Delhi - India, member since Feb 2010
I had undergone surgery twice during the last 10-15 years for lymphnodes (twice at a gap of one year) by ENT surgeon.  Now, for last six months i have sist at my throat (Left side).  About two months ago, that sist has been burst and fluide come out very often.  I have ... [More] undergone few diagnosis and the results are placed below for your info pls. -

01. PUS for A.F.B.:  A.F.B. not seen (Negative)

02. Haemoglobin - 14.9 gm%, TLC - 8100/cumm

03. DLC : Polymorphs-69%, Lymphocytes-26%, Eosinophils-05%, ESR(Westergren)-7 mm/1hr, Monocytes - 00% and Basophils-00%.

04. PUS Culture & Senstivity Report :  Culture Result is 'Staphylococcus Aureus Isolated'.

05. C.T. Scan of Neck - Contrast:
     IMPRESSION - Focal Area (approx.15mm area) of Fibrosis seen overlying left half of hyoid bone with minimal underlying irregularity of the bone? OSTEOMYELITIS.

Nasopharyngeal, oropharyngeal and laryngopharyngeal air column is preserved.
Both maxillary sinuses show mucosal thickening.  Pre vertebral space is not increased.

REQUEST YOU TO PLS DO LET ME KNOW THE COMPLICATIONS/ TIMELINE & TREATMENT ON THE BASIS OF THE REPORT ABOVE.  

GRATEFUL FOR YOUR ADVICE.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life