chest vibration

Last night I had a vibration thing happen in my chest off and on for about 2 hours.  I am almost positive that my pulse was normal just fast (100-110).  It was scary but I didn't panic and my breathing stayed normal.  I have had a panic attack before (full on heart attack thinking kind) and this wasn't like that.  I was just wondering if the heart can be spasming and yet not be arrythmic.  Does that make sense?  Is an anxiety attack and a panic attack the same thing?  (I did post on the anxiety forum too, I just feel like it is a heart related issue so I thought I'd try it here too!!)

I have mentioned that I am heading to Mayo and I would like to go up there with only the relevant chest related issues and although I FEEL like last night was one, I really honestly don't know anymore.

Thanks you all and I hope you have a great weekend.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have these symptoms too.  I wake up at night and feel virbrating in my left ribs and under my chest where my heart is.  It stops after I'm up awhile.

I'm shocked it doesnt show on a ekg.  I never had a sleep study, so I can say for sure if i have apnea.  I did read an article about the muscle problem described in one of the posts, and it said lack of oxygen can cause it.  The lack of oxygen probably comes from sleep apnea most of the time.
Helpful - 0
i am a 55 year old man . for the last few weeks i have been having this buzzing in my left chest and sometimes in left neck. it seems to happen most when i try to relax. if i set real still i can see it in chest area. i have tried to get my wife to feel it with her hand or see the movement in my chest . she can;t feel or see it. i have acid reflux?? and take meds for that but no other meds. i have had two tias in the past but don;t think this is related to that. i now see i am not alone. a lot of you seem to be having the same thing. i have tried to take blood presure while it is happening but once i start moving around it seems to stop. should i be worried about this???
                thank you all
Helpful - 0
I am a 43year old male and for the last few weeks I have been getting this vibration which first was more prominent if i slept on 1 side - left i think, and if i turned to the right, it would stop.
It only happened at night. Last night it was worse and didn't go away, no matter which way i lay. I felt my heart and that was fine, it was just that there was a vibration in my chest for no apparent reason.
I just looked up this forum right now and am glad its not just me, and reading all the statements i think i know whats causing it for me. We have had an earthquake in Christchurch and aftershocks almost every single night. If i am awoken with a fright - like the sudden shakes of the aftershocks - my body floods with a bit a adrenalin - even though you are not intending to "fight or flee". You know you must just lie there till the aftershocks stop - but I think this continual high amount of adrenalin in the system is causing some muscles to vibrate. Not sure why just at night for me. Im not sure if it was the diaphragm but quite likely so - although there were no side effects. No breathing or heart side effects, just waking up from vibration. This has only happened since the earthquakes so im sure thats what it is.
Helpful - 0
I live in Masterton NZ - and last night at 4.10 I woke to a massive earthquake  - ah no - the bed is not shaking - it is inside me!!!  A giant squeeze then vibration - just like vibrating cellphone - very very strong. I was lying on my left side - unusual for me - what is this?? am I panicking? no - heart beat felt normal, breathing my normal rate - what is this? then it slowed and stopped. Lay there for ages - arms okay? yes - all is okay. Hmmm  - oh well off to work as usual - will look it up int he afternoon - and so here I am - googled heart shaking - and found this forum. So - it IS  a mystery then??? Couple of years ago had a mild TIA - left side head - carotid artery problem. This another problem?
Helpful - 0
I get this too, especially when I am startled from sleep or when I awake. Has anyone made any progress with what is the cause?
Helpful - 0
One more thing... me and my friend shared a bedroom for a while and he started getting these chest vibrations too...
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Heart Disease Community