Heart Disease Community

coronary disease

In my angiogram it noted that
LMCA - Normal and long,
LAD - Type III vessel, Proximal LAD shows 50% eccentric narrowing, D1 Medium sized and normal, D2 large and normal,
LCX - Non-dominant, continues as OM2 and Normal. OM1 shows 90% Descartes narrowing.
RCA - Dominant, large and Ecstatic. PDA and PLV are normal.
Impression : Single vessel disease.
Advice : PTCA stent to proximal OM1.

Please advice me on proceeding with the advises given by my Doctor and if I do not go through the procedure what is the risk ? Please advise.
Regards,

kks Babes.
If you do not take the advice of your Cardiologist there are risks that you face, quite serious risks. A 90% blockage could result in some of the plaque breaking free and travelling around your blood stream. This could either break up or become lodged in a small vessel in the heart or brain, blocking it. This will result in either a heart attack or a stroke. Where the plaque broke free, you would then likely form a blood clot forming a heart attack. Already with a 90% blockage you have heart cells not receiving enough oxygen and damage is occurring but at the moment this is reversible using a stent. A 90% blockage can very easily reach 100% is a short period of time, causing permanent heart muscle damage.