Pregnancy Community

What were your very first signs and symptoms of pregnancy? Did you suspect you we...

...re pregnant before taking a pregnancy test? - Is a Missed Period the First Sign of Pregnancy?Women in the early stages of pregnancy may experience a number of different symptoms that may signal a pregnancy. While a missed menstrual period is often the characteristic sign of pregnancy, women who do not have regular menstrual cycles may not recognize that a menstrual period has been missed. In some cases, breast tenderness or other symptoms are the first sign of pregnancy. Still other women may not experience any particular symptoms at all during early pregnancy and may not be aware of their condition.  The experience of pregnancy symptoms is highly individualized and differs among women. In fact, a woman may experience different symptoms in a second or subsequent pregnancy than she did in her first pregnancy.
My husband and I have been trying to conceive since February. I had a tubal reversal done only having one tube reopened. I did not ovulate like I normally would and am 3 days late for my period. I have the weight gain/bloating, lower back ache had some cramps with 2 spots of blood but no period. I have not tested yet with morning urine. Crave potato salad and have had wet feeling for two weeks in my under wear.  I am very moody and have bigger breasts that are tender and darker around the nipple. Not sure if it is my mind playing tricks on me or my hormones are all over the place since my surgery. I don't want to get my hopes up. I have been charting but my temps have been all over the place all month. Exhaustion rules my life right now. I fight to stay awake and focused at work. My coworkers keep questioning if I am feeling ok. Is this my period symptoms or pregnant? It has been 7 years since I had my last and I am 32.
I believe that I am a person that ovulates earlier than normal. My children seem to be larger than the average baby for the weeks accounted for after a missed period. This leads me to question some symptoms I have experienced this month. I had the nausea and vomiting a week ago two weeks after my cycle. I have the bloating, fatigue and tiredness, frequent urination and sometimes dizziness. My mood swings lately go from stressed and not being able to sleep which is why I am typing this at 3:35 am. I will be 40 in a couple of months and my baby is 16. I had to have one tube removed because of an ectopic pregnancy that went longer than it should because I was still having a period, so I am not sure what is going on. Have not missed a period yet, but feel that something is taking place within my body.
I have been on the Depo shot for about a year now and lately I have been experiencing a high body temperature and constant headaches and I have had some bleeding about 2 droplets yesterday and spotted 4 days ago. I have been feeling sick to my stomach and overly sensitive to almost anything and my areolas are huge, so my guess is I am and I find out Monday.
I'm not sure if I'm pregnant it is too early to tell. I started my period. I had sex May 1st and I started period on May 3rd. I got off on May 9th. I had sex on the May 10. Then I got a UTI and started to bleed heavily like I was on my period. I have been on antibiotics, but as of May 19th my breast started to swell up and they are so sensitive to the touch. I have some cramping like I'm going to start my period again, but it's not time for it to come, normally my breast swell some about 3 days before my period. So I'm not sure if it is just me getting my period early with the whole UTI? I forgot what it felt like since my daughter is 12yrs old.
I am a mother of 2 the youngest is going to be 3. I haven't used any birth control since I had my last. I missed my period this month about to be 2 months in June. I have been taking home pregnancy test and they come out negative. I have been nauseated; wanting to vomit, dizzy, abdominal pain, my body feels different and craves so many different kinds of food. I still believe I might be pregnant, but I don't know what to do. With both of my pregnancies I took at least 10 home pregnancy tests before finding out I was pregnant and I was 2 months without my period. What should I do?
My first clue that I am pregnant is that I threw up at the smell of cigarettes. I now have tender breasts, itchy palms, and am tired at 8 at night. I also throw up every afternoon.
I had a lot of aversions to smell too.  And also had tender breasts.  I felt tired too.  So, we had a lot of the same things.  I got itchy palms and that drove me crazy but it wasn't until I was about 8 months.  That was a terrible symptom!
I am 47 and have had my period every 28 days since I was 12.  Now I just missed my period in May, and have started to have morning sickness.  I did a pregnancy test which turned out negative.  It was always negative with my first two pregnancies. I had to wait 2 months to pass another test to find out I was pregnant.  Why is this happening, why is it negative the first count and then it is positive the next month.  Thank for the answer.
Two months ago I had a birth control device removed from my arm. I had my first period on May 6th and it ended on the eleventh. Now I am having these horrible cramps that feel like I am about to start it again. I am nauseous, but not vomiting. My boyfriend has been vomiting a lot. I am always tired and always hungry. I am overly emotional and always on the brink of tears.
The last time I had my period was the end of April for only three days and It was not May yet. Well it has been like a week or two that I notice that I haven't had my period and normally after having sex my period only comes for two days. Well it has been over two weeks that I notice that I don't have my period. I am now currently always tired, very hungry, my back hurts at points, I get nauseated a lot and there is a pain that jolts right to my breasts. I really don't know what to make of it.
I just went off of birth control this cycle.  I keep reading about abdominal discomfort as possible pregnancy signs before your missed period.  I have been having a lot of funny feelings, but I am not sure if it has to do with going off of my birth control or if I could possibly be pregnant. I know I will have to wait until my period comes or doesn't come for sure.
Earlier this week, I threw up, started having tenderness, bloating, indigestion, sleeplessness, and all that good stuff that I usually get when my cycle is about to start.      Well, I was a week late for my period and took a pregnancy test this morning, and it came back positive.  I'm 40 and my husband is 46, and this will be our first.  I woke his butt up and told him it was his fault, and he was very happy to be blamed.
I have not missed a period yet, but it is late. I had my tubes tied back years ago, but now I have very swollen, tender breasts. The other typical symptoms, (nausea, dizziness, fatigue, swelling) have set in. I even got sick off of one of my favorite foods-eggs! I may be crazy, or suffering from something other than a pregnancy, but I feel the exact same way as I did when I was pregnant with my son.
i amI am not been trying for a baby. I am happily married, but my partner and I both suffer long term health conditions which have made us want to wait before having a family. However, for the last week I have been feeling iffy. I wake in the night needing to urinate and feeling sick. I am hot all the time and feel irritable and very tired. I also have an upset stomach and cramps in my lower back. I only have periods every three months so I haven't missed one yet, but I was suspicious because of how I have been feeling. I took a test this morning and it seems that I am expecting my first child. I never thought I would be happy about it, but I am, very much so. My husband is also very happy and cried like a little girl when I told him! No body I know has experienced the same symptoms as me, but there are women who have similar signs so that's why I checked.
I have been feeling bloated and my breasts have become quite tender and larger. I missed my period and took a test, but it turned out negative. I have frequent trips to the bathroom (morning and night) and I am often hungry. My boyfriend thinks I am pregnant, but I don't know what to make of it although I think I am. This for me is a new experience as I have no children.
My pregnancy symptoms were: fuller breasts, nausea, a heightened sense of smell, and fatigue.
I'm 22 years old and this is my first pregnancy. I've experienced "night sickness" not morning sickness, which seems weird to me but was told that it was a common thing. My mood swings have been awful. One minute I'm happy, the next I'm crying. Also, I have bloating in my abdominal area. I'm very nervous and excited at the same time.
I'm 18 and experiencing lower back tugging pain, a lot of bloating, woke up my nipples were painful and around it was swollen. The foods I used to be obsessed with, I now think are nasty and it makes me gag. I am tired all the time, even though I am having 12 hours of sleep. I get massive headaches, and having cramps. I had these for bout 2 weeks now and when I do bleed its light. When I do have a period, it's not like what I'm experiencing now, its different, I know. I'm pregnant after going through what I've been through.
I haven't had a normal period since the first week of June; my last possible period was the first couple days of July. It only lasted 2 days and was just some light spotting.  Lately I haven't been able to find ANYTHING that sounds good to eat, and half of the time when I eat something I either get a nauseous feeling or I actually get sick. I've been running a temp for about 2-3 weeks now. I've been getting headaches, especially if I am on the computer for a while or watch TV for any length of time. I've got other symptoms too, but I am afraid to test to find out for sure.
I just turned 16. My boyfriend pressured me into having sex for the first time about two months ago. He wore a condom. I haven't had my period since. My period is usually really abnormal, but still. I'm scared. Then again, my only symptoms have been the not getting my period thing and having to pee all the time.
I'm on a pill which is meant to stop my periods but it hasn't, but I have gone a month and 27 days without having one. I'm tired, feel stressed easy, my breasts hurt, my tummy has got bigger and I am craving a lot of chocolate.
Well the last time I had unprotected sex was in May. Around the last days of June I started feeling really tired and I cant be standing up for a long time because my legs hurt a lot. I still have my period every month, but they are not the same though. Sometimes I feel like throwing up but this does not happen all the time. I had an appointment they did a urine and a blood test and both of them came out negative, but since the beginning of this month (August) I started feeling like if something moves inside my belly.
I've been with my boyfriend for about 4 months. We're both allergic to latex, and birth control pills make everything worse for me, but we are still careful in other ways.  Recently I've been getting the signs of my period. Tender breasts, bloating, mood swings, hunger, but I'm not due for about another week or so. So I haven't missed one yet, but it's been like this for about 2 weeks. My lower back has also been bothering me for about a week now. I thought it was his bed, but I've been here for a while and I have the same bed at my parent's house so that couldn't be it. I'm going to wait another week or so, and if no period comes, I'm going to the doctor.
hiya well im feelin a little worried i had my coil taken out only 2 weeks ago so me and my boyfriend of 6 years can try for a baby we all ready have 2 children but im getting pregnancy symptoms just after 2 weeks of having my coil out but feel like its 2 early to tell i never could tell with my other 2 children cuz i dint find out i was pregnant tell 16 weeks with one and 18 weeks with another im getting very moody, being sick or feeling sick, constipation, iv got a mild pain at the bottom of my belly and boobs have got hard but feel like my symptoms are 2 early 2 tell iv not had a period for 7 months as the coil messed them up so dont no if im late or not very confused of what to do and when to take the pregnancy test.
hi everyone im 20, but im a guy... lately i've been noticing all these symptoms on my girlfriend. im really happy she might be pregnant... but shes kind of worried about having a kid because shes worried about what her friends and our families might say... i wish she would think about us rather then the public. if any one can give me advice on how i can talk to her i would be real grateful. i tried just about every reason with her and she always ends up saying what are people going to say...