Violent Head Shakes?

Right when i get extremely stressed i get VERY violent head shakes its so ovbious to see people in the street have asked me about it and its starting to make me feel very concious that people are looking at me.

Thanks,
Ben
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
isnt agorphobia when you dont leave your house though? As much as I dont want to, I do.

I know we will, hopefully soon!
Helpful - 0
To me it sounds like you have Agrophobia, when i go to the doctor i will tell him about this as its bring my confidence down a lot :(

Hope we find out what this is down too :)

Helpful - 0
For me its the same as you {Stressedinsomniac} where my head is still, but when im having a panic attack or just really nervous is when it begins to shake and as I slowly calm down and get out of the situation im fine. .I know it happens around people in general when I dont know them, or in a crowded place. Im just plain scared of people, that their gonna hurt me or judge me, and its because of past experiences. It sucks, but I try my best not to think about it and think positive, i notice its not as bad when I think that way. Hopefully we will soon find an answer to this horrible feeling.
Helpful - 0
I also do feel very self conscious people do ask whats up I'm just like can we change the subject as it does embarrass me :(! I have a rough idea what causes it and to be entirely honest i cannot avoid it, which is a pain the the... i live in a street which is owned by a housing association and there's several families we don't get on with and i cannot stand them and basically they spread rumors etc and that gets me very stressed. I have even got to the point where i was going to just walk out and not come back!
When i am not stressed my head is perfectly still and when I'm around certain people, mainly the girl i like i am fine. But due to her seeing my old best mate who is also one of the people who causes my stress levels to go up!

I will try and stay positive and thank you very much!
Hope your doctors appointment goes well :)

Ben
Helpful - 0
Your NOT alone. I go through the same thing  when I get really nervous my head starts shaking uncontrollably until im able to calm down. when it happens I cant stop thinking about it-wanting it to stop and trying to get it to stop, which makes it even worse. I feel very self-conscious about it too, its like torture. Lately I havent had a bad episode because Ive been  avoiding places where I think it might spark up, which is not good.I find it helps to think positive and to have someone you can talk to, when it happens I grab the cell and call my mom or bf to talk to, they listen and im able to just get my mind off things. Do you know what triggers it exactly?, Think why your getting very stressed and think of what you can do to minimize the stress before it escalates. The beginning of next month im going to the doctors to find out whats going on with me, you should do the same, maybe the doc will have some suggestions for you?
When your not stressed is your head perfectly still or do you have head tremors 24/7, if thats the case it may be something very serious and something worth getting checked out for. Try to stay positive and not worry about what others are thinking, i know its hard, you WILL get through this, best wishes, ill pray for you.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Stress Community