71/2 weeks and no fetal pole

I went to the doctor yesterday because I had some light spotting. I had a miscarriage/etopic pregnancy last year so they wanted to check to see if this was happening again. The ultrasound showed that I am only 4 weeks with the gestational sac and yolk sac showing. My last MP was 10/6 which puts me at 71/2 weeks pregnant. Is this the start of a new miscarriage?
What did the doctor have to say about it?
basically he was quite rude. He said 'there is no way you can get pregnant and have a positive pregnancy test in the same day' because according the ultrasound they put me at 4 weeks and 4 days. I just talked to the nurse, my hcg was 2300. I get a redo tomorrow.
Hello . I dont know if I am pregnant or not. I have an 8 year old I had my tubes tied after I had her. I am 2 days from being 2 months late. I have some symptoms but I dont know. I didnt 3 tests already but I guess they were just to early. Now its just like a waiting game.
if your 2 months late you should have had a positive test by now. you should go to your doctor for an exam.
Hi Shannon,
Your Dr is the opposite of mine!  I was supposed to be 7 weeks and 4 days, LMP being 8/13/08.  I was + of that date and the date of my first + hpt on 9/11.  When I had an u/s (due to slow rising hcg and previous m/c) it showed an empty sac measuring about 4 weeks.  The Dr. told me it looked like I ovulated later and got pregnant around 9/21, which I knew and told her was impossile b/c of my + test.  She just shrugged and I had to wait 4 weeks for another u/s which at 11 weeks showed still an empty sac that had only grown to 5 weeks.  I don't mean to scare you with my outcome, I know some women who have ovulated late, and took a few weeks after they miss a period, so they looked behind.  When did you have a + HPT? Did you test as soon as you were late.  I also never had a yolk sac at all, always an empty sac.  Good luck!
I tested positive 2 days after my missed period on November 4th. I will post my us pics for you to see. The yolk sac is very obvious but no fetal pole. I go back tomorrow for another hcg to see if it doubled. Even the nurse today seems pessimitic.
I'm sorry you have to sit around and wait to find out what is going on.  That was the hardest part for me.  I sat around for hours trying to play with the dates to make everything match up, and was never able to do it.  All I can say is that if you missed your period on the 4th and your last period was 10/6 you would be about 6 weeks 3 days today.  Did they schedule you for another u/s in a week to see if anything has changed?  
All I know is they are redoing the HCG tomorrow. I would assume they will redo the ultrasound next week. I am thinking though of switching doctors first. And you are right. The waiting game is killing me!!!!
Hey I spotted yesturday and I started first thing this morning! My husband and I are so happy! We didnt want to be pregnant, it could of waited until after I had my morning coffee for the cramps though. Thank you for listening
I hope your hcg looks really great, but I know it will stil be so stressful waiting fo another u/s no matter what the hcg says.  Good luck!
Well, I found out my levels are 2900 from 2300. They are saying miscarriage. Am I foolish to think there may still be a possibility? I am not bleeding and my levels did jump a bit but not double. But I hear it may take 92 hours to double. This jump was only 36 hours. What do you guys think?
Hey,
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but it's looking kind of like it did with me.  I was at 1500 at around 7 weeks, and then they checked by u/s, which is more reliable than hcg after a pregnancy is visible.  I usually only rose a couple hundred in 36 hours, I believe they should continue to approximately double at by 72 hours at the most until they are much higher than the 2000's, then it slows down.  I'm sorry that things aren't looking like they should but it's not over until it's over, and nothing would be conclusive until another u/s shows no development.  Your hormones would also begin to decline eventually.  Has the Dr. scheduled another u/s?  I wish you lots of luck!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.