Black Cohosh

Can black cohosh shorten your cycles and make your breasts swollen & tender?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't know, but I watched a movie one time where a man gave his wife BLUE cohosh to make her miscarry.  Weird, huh?  Have you tried to search it on the internet yet?
Helpful - 0
I have a book with info on herbs.  Blue Cohosh is good for the last week of your pregnancy for childbirth, not before.  Black Cohosh is good for: calming nervous systyem, astma, rheumatism, supports kidney and liver, high blood pressure, acts as female estrogen, mentrual cramps, supports the body through childbirth, used for poisonous bites.  If you are trying to get pregnant be sure to ask your doctor if he/she thinks you should take it.  Good luck & blessings!
Helpful - 0
I have and It didn't tell me a whole lot except not take during pregnancy, and my cycle was only 2 1/2 days. Now I ck'd my cervix and its high already I stopped spotting on the 16th. And my CM is eggwhitish...Am I ovulating @ CD 8? Is this possible?HELP
Helpful - 0
Helpful - 0
What movie was this?
Helpful - 0
Call me naive,but what do you mean you checked your cervix & it was high?I've never checked mine?..nanis
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.