Concerts while pregnant

Good morning okso I have kind of a stupid question but does anyone know if going to concerts while you are pregnant can hurt the baby with all the loud base and what not. Also I am wondering about sex and yeast infections. It seems like everytime I get a yeast infection afterwards....any advice. Sorry to be so blunt.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I can't comment on the pregnancy part, because i have never been, but as far as the yeast infections go, I had a lot of trouble with those in the past.  It seems like i got them everytime my husband and i had sex, but i figured out that i was allergic to Latex condoms.  I also found out (after we stopped using condoms) that we needed to use some form of lubricant and i haven't had one in over two years.  I also eat yogurt as much as i can.  Sorry if that is too much info, i just know the hell of chronic yeast infections.
Helpful - 0
I live in Las Vegas--I was scheduled to have a C-section Dec 15 04--on Dec 11 my mother and I went to see Mystere at the MIrage--sat 2 rows from the stage--don't think it hurt his hearing--but my water broke on the 12th--and as I was already set for a c-section they did it that nite--we always joke that the music made him not want to be in my belly any longer.
Helpful - 0
With regards to the concert - i think that there should be no harm to the baby.  I went to a musical when I was 7 months pregnant and my son seemed to enjoy the music.

With regards to yeast infections - they are very common during pregnancy! Start eating more yogurt or get natural yogurt pills from the health store!
Helpful - 0
You know, it comes in cycles! It seems like everyone starts getting preggo at the same time! I'm sending you all the baby dust I can!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
I apologize for coming on your thread, but the open forum is full.

Stephd - I'm doing good! Nervous about Thursday! I hope everything is where it should be! Thanks for asking about me!!!!

An - babies love music! I would think you would be fine!
Helpful - 0
This is my experience with your concern. My dr. recommended limited the time I was exposed to anything loud during my pregnancy because it can damage the baby's hearing before they are even born. I thought it sounded like "if you wouldn't take a newborn, don't go" kind of advice. There are specific decibels that are too loud and my husband practicing drums in our garage (even with the door open) is over the limit recommended by researchers. His company was taking a few managers to a NASCAR race and my dr. said no (I wasn't too disapointed though).
Helpful - 0
I don't think the concert will hurt anything.  Just make sure it is a SMOKE FREE environment cuz that CAN hurt the baby.  Have fun and enjoy yourself and if you are far enough along sit back and see if the baby enjoys it also by moving around a lot.  When I was pg my babies would do that.  

Now for yeast infections - Can't really help you out there.  I would bring it up to your dr at your next apt.  Maybe it has something to do with the pregnancy - Not sure.  Good Luck.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.