Contractions

I am now 32 weeks pregnant and have been having braxton hicks contractions since 20 weeks or so, but the last 24 hours they seem different to me. I don't know if the baby just changed positions and this makes them seem different or what but I think they feel stronger. I sometimes get weird pains w/ them in my crotch and butt which makes me think they are pushing the baby down more. I don't know if I am paranoid or if this is normal. This is also my 2nd baby and I started dilating about this time w/ my first. I don't remember this w/ my first but it's been awhile. The contractions will be fairly regular, not more than 10 minutes apart for a couple of hours and then slow down, eventually picking back up again hours later. Has anyone else had this??
I had it from 30 weeks on with my twins
and I don;t remember with my singleton (sounds about similar to your timeframes)
with the twins I called docs because they would progress to 4 minutes apart through the night - but by AM they were better - it was weird - I got ready for the hospital at least 3 times because they got so close together
then when it was real I didn;t take it seriously because of all the times it wasn't!
I would call your doc and ask -
good luck
I had them like that too, but I would call your Dr. since it's still so early, especially if you were dialating that early on with your first.    My Dr. watched them, but I didn't get the pain in the butt, sorry for the wording, till the very end.  Good luck, drink lots of water too, may be a sign that you need more.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.