Cramping

What does the cramping that you experience during a miscarriage feel like?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am currently suffering my first miscarriage at 11 weeks.  I have had 3 children previous.  The pain I am feeling is definately worse than cramping.  I could almost calculate the pain of contractions about every 3-5 minutes for 4 to 5 hours.  After each contraction would come blod clots.  Some small as quarters, others just smaller than a bar of soap (tried to think of what to compare it to).  I had to be in the tub for hours.  There was no way my pads could catch all the blood that was coming out. I couldn't sleep much  last night.  Not because of pain, but this morning, I kind of feel like my uterus is full of blood, I'm sure just the cleaning process to get everything out, so I'm just waiting for the fetal tissue to come out.  Sounds like mine has been more severe than others.  I had only talked to a couple of people, but failed to ask them what it would feel like.  My nurse recently had a miscarriage and she described as being nonfunctional for about 3 days.  
Helpful - 0
I have suffered one miscarriage and teh cramping was marginally worse than normal period pain. However theintensity and consistence was the main difference from usual monthly bleed.
I am 6wks pregnant and suffering some abdominal cramps which I believe are relatively normal.
Helpful - 0
I have had 4 miscarriages and had very little cramping with all 4 of them, and they were between 9-15 weeks.
Helpful - 0
The cramping during my miscarriage was worse than period cramping and more in my back. I just knew it was a miscarriage because of the intensity. Cramping is also normal in early pregnancy, but not of that intensity. At least not in my experience.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.