Grand daughter with leg pain

My 2 1/2 year old grand daughter has had leg pain for a few months now. I am worried.. She has no apparent bruises that is visible, can walk fine, and it only happens at night. Its in the same area of her leg and its always the same leg she tells us it hurts if we touch it or rubs it. She has had no falls or anything.. Could this be something serious or am I an over worried grandparent?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It wouldnt hurt to talk to a Dr to see what they say, if its been a consistant occurance especially in the same spot everytime it is worth checking out

Just an example situation would be if a child were to break a leg bone, Drs would want to keep an eye on its growth to make sure that both legs are growing at the same pace(and there is a lot of growing to be done yet)... so it is better to have a Dr be aware cause who knows for sure whats gong on, or it could just be growing pains too... every child is different, i remember my mom saying that my sister complained a lot and it worried her cause my brother(who was older) never did when he little so she thought something was wrong and it was growing pains... but to make sure its nothing serious id get her checked out... you dont want her in pain if its something that can be helped...good luck
Helpful - 0
Thank you very much. I am going to have a talk with my daughter and her husband and make sure they g have her checked out.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.