Has any else been 2 months late, had symptoms of pregnancy but hpt's say neg.?

I havent had a period in 2 months, I have pregnancy symptoms but my tubes are tied. My doctor is in no rush to get me in to her office. I am so confused. My husband and I didnt want any more children and now this. I dont know what to do , I cant rush out to the doctors because I dotn have insurance. I last tested when my period was 3wks late. I feel different but it could be because I havent had aperiod , right? Does anyone have any advice on this subject?
If your tubes are tied and your tests are negative, you probably just missed your periods for another reason- could be anything- stress, diet, exercise. If it continues, though with you not having a period, I would go into the doctor's office just to make sure everything else is working ok.
It is possible to be pregnant with your tubes tied. I personally know of two women it has happened to. One is our assistants pastors wife at our church. She had three and after that had her tubes tied and about 18 months later she was pregnant again. Then a very close friend of mine had a chemical pregnancy with her tubes tied as well. The risk is that they baby could grow in one of the tubes instead of making all the way down to the uterus.  I would definetly try to get into a dr and just make sure. If a baby is in the tube then it sometimes makes it harder for a HPT to pick up the HCG. I would a least ask if they can do a blood serun pregnancy test and that should tell you for sure. I hope this is helpful.
Brandy

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.