I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS!

First question, Do I need to worry that I have HPV? My gyno just told me i tested possitive and have abnormal cells and have to do another procedure! That freaks me out! Is it really sexually transmitted to? Question 2: Its off the subject but i have a pain in my back, my skin feels like someone is running sandpaper up and down my side and when you push o it it hurts like a bruise, but looking at my back/side it looks normal. My mom thought shingles..what do you all think!!? Im a mess! lol
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Here is a great website about HPV:
http://www.cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm

Not sure about your second question though, sorry.
Helpful - 0
I had shingles a few years ago, and it hurt to do anything.  I could'nt even let my shirt touch my arm or shoulder, and it hurt to move it.  I had a band pattern that started up by my neck and curved down to my spine, but I think it can go other places on you back also.  If it is shingles, you need to go into the dr. to get antibiotics.  Good luck.
Helpful - 0
Hi, well I have had abnormal cells as well. And they performed something called a cryosurgery, its where the freeze your cervix and get rid of all the abnormal cells and you have to go back every 3 months just to make sure everything is ok. If it came back with abnormal cells then your doctor may suggest cryosurgery. For 6-8 weeks you cannot have sex, its horrible, and also you have to wear a pad everyday, because of the dead cells that are coming out (sorry if tmi). But the side effects are not bad at all, after the surgery you will feel dizzy and your stomach will cramp and also you will have a vaginal odor. But my doctor never mentioned anything about HPV.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.