I am said to be 4-6 weeks but did a sono and couldnt find the baby

Hello. I have a question. I have 3 beautiful healthy children and never had a problem till recently. I got pregnant and miscarried in November. I again got pregnant right away. My last period was December 4th. I started having pains in the lower back and was told by my ob to go to the hospital.  My first hcg level was 308 then 4 days later they were up to 3500 and then 2 days later when I went to the hospital they were 8848.  They did pelvic exam and said I was blue like a healthy pregnancy should be. They did a sono and they said I had a sac but no yolk or fetal pole. What is going on? I really dont understand why all this is happening.  Is it to early to see that or they mentioned a tubular pregnancy or miscarriage. Any advice.
4 weeks pregnant would be too early to see anything on the ultrasound, 6 weeks you should see something.  With healthy hCG numbers doubling well like this, let's hope it's all there next time and you were just a little bit early.  If in a week or two weeks there is still nothing in the sac but your numbers are still rising, only then would I begin worrying about ectopic pregnancy.  Cross that bridge when you come to it, though.  You may just have ovulated a little later in December than the average, and the embryo will be visible next time.
This is my first pregnancy. My last period was December 10th. I'm in a similar situation; however they are taking my hcg levels today and then again on Wednesday. I pray that we will both be just fine. Keep us posted.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.