I want to have a Baby

I have to take birthcontrol in order to get my period i won't get it on my own and i want to have a baby is that posible and if it is when it the best time to try?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
First talk to your doctor and your partner about having a baby.  Second, start preparing for pregnancy now (diet, exercise, vitamins, etc).  You may get lucky like me... each time I was on the pill to "Regulate periods" I got pregnant!  It's rare though so please don't get your hopes up.
Helpful - 0
Sorry to get off track on your post!

Just to clarify what I meant, It might not be that you need to be on birth control per se to have a period, it might just be easier than doing it other ways...in other words, you might just need to be on hormones of some kind to have your period.  So if you want to have your periods and ovulation without the added aspect of a contraceptive effect, talk to your ob-gyn and explain the issue.  There will probably be a combination of estrogen, progesterone and probably some LSH stimulant or Clomid or something, that will do the trick.  Good luck!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Me too, on the miscarriages.

Good luck!  Maybe it's your month.
Helpful - 0
Oh ok...well unfortunately I would be super in the M/C area.. (weak smile)

Thanks for clarifying that up for me.

Wish me luck as I am ready and hopeful this time...
Helpful - 0
Hi, PrivateNShy, along with Peekawho, I am co-CL of this forum.  A CL is a Community Leader, a volunteer job that many of the MedHelp forums have.  (You'll see the little flower on other forums on MedHelp as well.)  We're here to help MedHelp keep the forums moving along smoothly, to answer what questions we can (especially those that aren't getting a lot of other answers), to try to sort out confusions about using the forum itself (say, if someone double posts by accident, or if an old post comes up and people are answering it as though it is new), and to help direct posters to other forums or resources.  This is a big forum so it takes two of us, Peekawho is a labor & delivery nurse.  I'm just someone who has dealt with almost every aspect of infertility, in my own life.  
Helpful - 0
Annie, why do u have a pretty flower by your name..what does that mean?
Helpful - 0
Talk to your doctor.  If, even to have a normal period, you need to be on the pill, it would be time to discuss your desire to have a baby with your doctor and see what kind of hormone regimen they could do for you that will not have a birth-control aspect but will help you ovulate and support a uterine lining.  Good luck!
Helpful - 0
your on birth control......so its not the best time to try to have a baby.....because your on the pill.

when your no longer on birth control the time would be when your ovulating whatever time that might be
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.