Pregnant immediately after miscarriage/D&C??

Hi all...I'm hoping for a little insight here...I lost my baby boy one month ago at 17 weeks, I delivered him but I had to have a D&C because I couldn't deliver the placenta. We were given the go ahead to try again right away and I'm wondering how common it is to conceive right away, like before first period...? My period is due today and looks like it wont be here before the day is over and this whole week I've been experiencing pregnancy symptoms. I don't want to get my hopes up and I know this will be a long week of waiting because I've decided to to take a test next Monday when I will officially be 1 week late. Just wondering if anyone has been through this and what the experience was? I'm crossing my fingers that this is another pregnancy because we were so ready last time and WAY beyond ready now...thanks! :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I usually have a normal 28 day cycle but after my m/c and D&C I didnt get AF again until 5-6 weeks later. It sounds like your cycle might just be off because of the experience it had went through with the D&C. Sadly pregnancy symptoms are very similar to AF symptoms so it is hard to differ between the two. Sorry about your loss and I hope everything works out for you.
Helpful - 0
I am sorry for your loss:~( I do know that you are more fertal after having a baby so you could be. But just like having a term baby,  your baby takes awhile to regulate and return to normal. After having each of my babies it took an average of 5 weeks for AF to show. So you may not be late but then again to answer your question, yes you can get pregnant right away. You never know what will come first. Ovulation or good old AF. Best of luck!
Helpful - 0
It is not wise to try to conceive right away your dr is incorrect. I have had a few miscarriages and they say to wait two cycles before trying to conceive again. You have to give your body time to recoop. Your body just went through something tramatic give it time to rest. Sorry to be harsh.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.