Success stories post miscarraige, will I get pregant soon?

Is it true that you are more fertile after a miscarriage?  I finally got my period today 6 weeks after having a D & C ( I was 9 weeks pregant).  If I could just know that I will get pregant in the next few months I could relax I think.  It took me so long to get pregant the first time (2 years after coming off the pill), that it has been agony.  I am also surrounded by friends who are pregnant or have recently had their babies and I find it all so upsetting.  Any words of wisdom of how to keep my chin up and stay positive until my baby finally shows up?  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am so sorry about your loss. My husband and I experienced a miscarriage last month. I was only 5 weeks along and my hcg levels dropped to zero rather quickly. I never got my period and we just learned we're pregnant again! Although we're super nervous, we are also very excited. So it can happen quickly! Best of luck!
Helpful - 0
I had a miscarriage in May, I was 8 weeks pregnant.  We had been trying for nine months, the first time. I recently found out last week, that I am four weeks pregnant after trying only one cycle. So, my personally experience is it happened very quickly for me.  I know what it is like when everyone else is having babies, even my husband's 15 year old niece is pregnant with no problems, which was extremely upsetting for me. I wish you the best of you luck.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.