after baby??

How do you juggle work and a newborn? Who watches your child do you trust daycares? How do you stay away from your newborn I know I will miss tlmy baby so much :(
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have you thought about family or a nanny?
Helpful - 0
The fathers side has nothing to do with my child my parents work so I have no one family wise I don't know if I trust a nanny or a daycare but I don't have much longer in have to come up with some type of plan I have to work
Helpful - 0
My mom was telling me (because i want to work) to look for a night job so she can watch my baby girl at night. I live with her though. But maybe you could figure something out like that? Im used to ocernight jobs so its an option for me. Some people can stay up all day and all night.. so youd really have to think abiut that too.
Helpful - 0
Im a nanny that's why I suggested it. You can do back ground checks a whole lot easier with a nanny than a daycare in my mind. Plus you pick how much you want to pay the nanny. I would suggest going to care.com. That's how I got my job.  
Helpful - 0
You don't get maternity leave?
Helpful - 0
I put my first child into crèche ... she was looked after really well but it was extremely expensive.

But I regret it now because I missed out on so much with her :(

I agree with allocate if you can afford a nanny thats a good option... she's there in your home for your kids only and your children are in the comfort of their own home. Plus you can txt call etc
Helpful - 0
I do have maternity leave when she is 12 weeks I will be back to work tho in my eyes she is still a newborn I feel that I should be home with her but i know I have responsibilities. My Jon doesn't offer overnight hours but thank you for that suggestion I'm worried that I will work all night and then not be able to stay up during the day to watch tlmy daughter.
Helpful - 0
So many mother's that I personally know have been discouraging me from daycares......apparently your child is not watched properly not changed correctly or in a timely manner & left with kids that are much older????,anyone else had this type of experience with a daycare or are they paranoid I want to make sure she is taken care of just don't know about the whole nanny or daycare thing feel as if its a stranger watching my baby girl (which is exactly what it is)
Helpful - 0
Im gonna suggest something. You have maternity leave. Why not interview nannies now and once baby girl is born and after you have found one have her come over and watch your baby girl while you are there. And then another day leave for a couple of hours. It will get you ready and also you will know that you can trust that person
Helpful - 0
Still have a lot of doubts about someone else watching my daughter I guess it will be something I have to get used too
Helpful - 0
That's understandable
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.