Women's Health: Postpartum Community

gestational diabetes?

Does anyone know anything about gestational diabetes. I had it when I was pregnant with my son and was wondering if I am going to get it again in subsequent pregnancies??
i had it with my son too. i know the risks are higher that you will get it again with subsequent pregnancies, but it isn't a given. hopefully it'll pass you up this time.
you gained weight on the diet? i did not have it with my first 2 but did my last one. i lost 17 in 2 months while being on the diet while pregnant, i do know your chances are much higher if you have had it before.
I had it with my second son, but not my third. I have yet to be tested for this pregnancy. I know you are at higher risk to have it again if you have allready had it. But every pregnancy is different.
Can all depend
My first two pregnancies in my 20's didnt have it
This last pregnancy with ds I was late 30's and had gd
Depending on your age, weight, etc...
Being I was older, weighed more, (also have history of it) and of course if you had it before
But each pregnancy differs
and it wasnt that bad actually, I could control mine with diet alone, It seemed terrible at the start but you adjust.
I hated it, I was on a VERY strict diet, at one point I was gaining over 5 lbs a week...altogether I gained 68lbs...
wow- you gained on it? I just had my son 5 weeks ago and I weigh 31 lbs. less than I did when I got pregnant with him- of course I was really packing in the food before I got pregnant so the diet was a reduction in calories for me... LOL