infant hair loss

my baby is one month old and his hair is receeding. is this normal and will it grow back? also, is there anything that i can do to prevent it from getting worse?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It is normal, my oldest son had a head full of hair when he was born and lost most of it. It all grew back. Most infants go thru that. Not alot you can do. I have heard dont put boggins on them but don't know if that is true or not
Helpful - 0
thanks so much for responding, its a great reassurance. : )
Helpful - 0
My dd was born with a head full of black hair - (surpise to us light heads) and around a month old it started to fall out - then she was bald when she was 4 months. It has since grown in like a weed - she has tons of thick blonde hair.  Very normal
Helpful - 0
Same here, CJ had a head of darker hair and within a short period of time, it fell out and left us with a bald baby for a while.

It still stinks even though it is normal ;-)
Helpful - 0
Yup normal.. my son was born with a full head of hair and then either his head out grew his hair or the hair on the sides and back fell out, I'm not sure... but he ended up with a mohawk... He is 8 months and the sides and back and just now starting to fill in..  Don't worry tho.. Jacobs mohawk was cuter than any full head of hair I've ever seen.  
Helpful - 0
my sons hair fell out in patches and then came back in the same patches so for a while he had all different length hair.  It finally started growing faster so i was able to cut it all one length.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.