month old baby,stomach flu or not?/

hi ladies i have a quick question. my son will be a month old tomorrow 3/19/12 and has his month old dr appt. my question is i noticed that hes a little more fussy,sleepy and he is throwing up even when i burp him after feedings. when h throws up its not like a little spit up, the throw up flys out his mouth. reason why i say stomach bug or flu is because on thursday his dad realized he caught a stomach virus from his moms house and was in the bathroom all day. he was no where near our son but our apartment is but so big... he doesnt have a  fever which is a good thing so am i overly worried?? i will bring this o his dr attention tmrw and will continue to monitor him throughout the day.. any feed back would be great.

thank you
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
thank you,i ended up taking him to the childrens er. all his results came back normal and they gave him fluids
Helpful - 0
I suspect reflux.  Take him to the doctor and explain what you have said.  It may be he needs to eat slower or he may have pyloric stenosis.  He can get dehydrated if he does it too much.  It could be a virus, but the doctor needs to help you decide what is what.  I hope you come back and let me/us know how it goes.

http://www.infantreflux.org/  info about reflux.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001965/

info about pyloric stenosis
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.