sonogram at 9 weeks, no heartbeat at 10

this is my second pregnancy, and i had a sonogram at 9weeks1day, and the baby measured perfectly. had a  heartbeat. when i went back to the doctor the next week, he was unable to hear the heart beat on the doppler. he didnt seem worried, just scheduled me to be back next month. is this unusual? with my first dayghter i was able to hear a doppler heartbeat at my very first prenatal visit. at about 8 nd a half weeks.
Yes, it can be normal. I went to the ER at 13 weeks for hyperemesis to get hydrated and they tried to find my daughters heartbeat with a doppler and couldn't. Ultrasound showed she was perfectly fine. We were finally able to hear it at 16 weeks on the doppler. For some it's just harder to listen to, and all pregnancies are different, so even hearing it early in the past doesn't mean you will later on in different pregnancies. If you have doubts still or need better reassurance, tell your doctor you want an earlier ultrasound and he should set one up for you.
If your doc was not concern you are probably ok.  I am sure you could call and ask the nurse if you could drop in to see if you could hear the heart beat.  If anything just to put your mind at ease

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.