Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Chlamydia is it positive or negative results??

I need help in determining my partner's results for chlamydia the results are as followed                                                Chlamydia contact (V01.6 |Z20.2)                                                                                                                                Current Plans:                                                                                                                                                                         *Wet Mount (87210) Routine()                                                                                                                                             PH FLUID                    Not Done                                                                                                                                      Whiff Test                    Positive                                                                                                                                                 Yeast                           Negative                                                                                                                                     EPITHELIAL cells          Mod/Lg Clues                                                                                                                              TRICHOMONADS          NEGATIVE                                                                                                                                BACTERIA                   POSITIVE                                                                                                                              WBC                             NEGATIVE                                                                                                                          SPERM                         NEGATIVE                                                                                                                                              *CHLAMYDIA/N. GONORRHOEAE (SWAB) DNA Routine()                                                                                                                     *Started Azithromycin 500 mg, 2 (two) Tablet once                                                                                                    BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS (616.10 | N76.0)                                                                                                                    current Plans                                                                                                                                                                 * Started MetroNIDAZOLE 0.75%, 1(one) Gel daily at night

I want the answer to these results because my partner swears she doesnt have chlamydia or come in contact with it she only has BV what is the real truth????
1 Responses
I can't interpret the above formatting fully, but I would be of the view that chlamydia has been detected. I am pretty sure that is what the 'Current' infers after 'chlamydia contact'.

Azithromycin is also the standard prescribed antibiotic to treat chlamydia.

Metronidazole is prescribed for vaginosis from a range of other bacterial infections (some are naturally occurring in all vaginas and get out of control, others transmitted sexually).

Hence you need to assume your partner has chlamydia which is now being treated. If you have had unprotected sex with your partner, then it must be assumed you have it too and require treatment. You shouldn't have unprotected sex until you have negative proof of cure tests two weeks after treatment.

Note it is possible your partner has had chlamydia for up to a couple of years but naturally after any previous negative test.

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.