Dormancy of clamydia

Hi guys,

I'm a 22 yr old male, circumcised.

I've seen alot of different pages, sayin all the same: 2 to 3 weeks after exposure symptoms follow if there ever are to be. This rang true to me too, as i also noticed infection approx 2 weeks after unprotected intercourse.

Are there any other instances where it has been "dormant" for upto 4 months??

I've long since been treated but my ex girlfriend, whom i think it comes from is insisting i gave it to her.

Story goes sumin like this:(short, dated version)
Had unprotected sex arnd-  25-26/10/08 with first girl.
Had sex with a condom but it broke with the second girl-  15/11/08.
Had sex with third, unprotected but withdrawn before ejaclation-  27- 02/01/09 and she gave me oral sex once during this period.
From then, i had no inter course with anyone else till easter- Again unprotected, with the third girl again, gave her oral sex as well-13,14/04/09, during one session she asked my to stop as her was "sore" an after askin why she replied "it happens sometimes, at times it bleeds"
By the end of the next day i had an unexplainable stinging of the eyes, making them water a bit, dismissed it as dust or sumin.
2 weeks later give or take a day.... i had a stinging sensation while urinating, realising what may have happened, went to the doctor.

After some time, we worked out it was chlamydia- docs in zim aren't too switched on...
There has been a lot of other drama attached to this relationship- false positive HIV test, confirmed negative, an a phantom longevity of the chlamydia infection - soap irritation from a bit of over hygeine:)

Between Dec an april it was a casual arrangment so she had another partner in south (where she lives) who claims not to have had anything,though i think he got treated, then tested.

She found herself a new boyfriend recently an this week exploded on me all over my facebook wall sayin i falsely accuse her of being the start between us, that i was the source. She added she got her info thru answers but i dont quite know wat info as she isn't on talkin terms.

I don wanna wage war with her, sooner just get on with my life, but i'd like to know if there's anyone out there who can tell me if she actually has grounds given the above basic info so i know weather or not to accept or deny the blame if it ever amounts to anything more complicated.

Thanks to all who help me with this!!!!!!!!!!

pplex
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for the other reply, posting this in here was a mistake- thought it would go to another forum.... Like i said... newby :) Real sorry.

best of regards:)
Helpful - 0
I had unprotected sex. I think I may have chlamidia.  The doctor gave me doxycylin. I have bad middle pelvic adominal pain. I have taken every test. I took CA125 came back high 53. I also took transvaginal test, pelvic test and a pap and all test came back normal but they stated I had a small fiborid.  There is pain in my middle area. I do not have any other sign except pelvic pain (severe).  I have been taking doxycyline for five days now and no change.  They physician wants me to take it for 10 days which I will.  What else could this be.  Today he scared me and said lets test for hepitis.  I am so scared what do you think it could be. please give me an answer
Helpful - 0
Tea , this is pplex`s thread. You may want to post in the GYN forum.
Helpful - 0
Pplex. Chlamydia symptom show 7 to 30 days post exposure. Keeping in mind that 2/3 of women have no symptoms and 1/3 of men have no symptoms. It is impossible for us to figure out the who gave it to whom story.
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the clarity you are shedding, i have to say, thirty days is the most i have heard:)

So if you are assymptomatic, could it flare up suddenly after intercourse with some one who should have the same strain as you, cause, believe me, it hit me really hard- an erection was a painfull thing...

I know it seems petty to even be askin these questions only motivated by blame, but she ambushed me on facebook, swearing an carrying on for all to see!! So i thought i should find out for sure that i'm right or wrong, not for any pupose but to defende myself if she does anything further.

Thanks very much
pplex
Helpful - 0
It is possible but not likely.  You have to be logical about this.  At the time you two had sex, she complained of two classic symptoms of chlamydia in women.  She said "sometimes it bleeds".  I assume during sex.  It was painful.  Just because it was with you, does not mean that you were the one to give it to her.  She had it prior to you having sex with her this last time.  She would not be having symptoms at the moment of infection.  

There is no way to prove it.  But I know for a fact because I have had chlamydia twice with the same exact symptoms.  The last time I got it, the guy I was with tried to blame it on my previous partner also (4 months prior as well).  Coincidentally, I ended up giving it to him.  He notified me 4 weeks after we were together he tested positive.  I started having symptoms within 4 weeks after being with the person who gave it to me.  And I tested positive as well after he notified me.  So, please do not let her pin this on you or your previous partner.  I do not believe it based on my own personal experience and based on the timeline you gave us.
Helpful - 0
Thank you, that does make more sense,

One thing i can say, it all has been a long an hard lesson for me so i will avoid a repeat of it at most any cost!!

I know my experience was difficult an embarrasing an didn't wanna talk about it in many circles so i wanna say, it was great of you, an dallasfan, to have shared your experience an knowledge with me.

You seem to have had a harder time than i, really wish you the best of luck with all your future endevours :)

Thanks again,
pplex. (hahaha almost put my proper name here)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.