How long do you have to wait before having sex after taking Azithromycin?

My boyfriend just tested positive for chlamydia so I went to my doctor and she prescribed me Azithromycin, I just wanted to know how long should we hold off having sex after taking the medicine.
The correct answer is that you wait 2 weeks after completing the medicine and then you retest for a proof of cure... then go for life!

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.