"Weak Positive" for Chlamydia

I've had several visits to massage parlors in which I've engaged into massages, frottage and "happy endings". A couple of times, I've had sex encounters, always using protection.

However, I got tested and got in a test (Chlamydia antigen), the result of "weak positive".

I understand that I was not at risk of chlamydia with the practices I've been engaged. so:

- What does "weak positive" means?
- How could I have gotten chlamydia without penetration (or with penetration using condoms)?

I'm male and I got the result from a urethral exudate.

Thanks in advance. This situation is causing great distress,

Was this a blood test? If so blood tests are not reliable for active infections.
You had no risk for chlamydia.
Thank you. No, it was not blood test. It was an urethral exudate
And to add: I also thought I had no risk for this infection, but I had this "weak positive" result

This is why I'm so puzzled...
Never heard of a weak positive.
OK, the Dr. told that it could be a false positive, or a positive with the infection in recession or incipient. Got to retest and see.
I did a new test and it was negative. It doesn't mean that weak positive equals falst positive, but in this case it was.

In any case, I started the treatment, since I got the prescription prior to my second test. If I had a false positive, I could also have a false negative.
Yes I would say it was a false positive.
No false negative as it would mean the medication worked.

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.