chlamydia clears itself up?

I read a post on this site from one of the experts saying that chlamydia is a bacteria and thus clears itself up. Is this true? Also if you develop pid from untreated chlamydia, will you still test positive for chlamydia?
Yes it can but better to get medication to avoid a pid. and yes with a pid you can still test positve for it. PID is pelvic inflamatory disease that could be caused by chlamydia.
I agree. I have an appointment to get tested and treated if necessary.  I ask because I was just contact by an ex boyfriend and he said he "relatively recently" tested positive. The last time I had sex with him was two and a half or three years ago. Could I have gone this long without symptoms? I'm terrified that my current boyfriend will be disgusted by the thought of touching me if I have it. And that it may have already caused permanent damage.  
Yes it could have. You could have carried it for that time period but then again you may not and could have gotton it from him. That is a very long time to come down with symptoms now and i suspect you might have gotton it from him. But unless he is truthful youll never know. He could have also had it for this time period and been with no symptoms. I would not jump to the conclusion that  you gave it to him at all.
You can explain this to him, that he  may have given it to you and is a consequence of both of yours pasts.
Thanks for the quick and informative responses. One more silly question.. are false positives possible for men?  I've read about pregnant women having false positives.  I've contacted my clinic and they say I tested negative prior to that relationship and I hadn't slept with anyone inbetween..
Possible but not likely.

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
STDs aren't transmitted through clothing. Fabric is a germ barrier.