chlamydia for 8 years?

10 years ago i had unprotected sex. I was tested for std and cleared several times-i thought....
I havent had sex for 8 years- tested clear after last sex./
2 years ago I tested positive for chlamydia. was  treated then tested clear again a year later. I am abit concerned about several things: 1 for sure results and 2 what are the long term effects of untreated chlamydia?
I am going to be tested again, as I nolonger trust results. Is Chlamydia something that goes dormant?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm confused - you are testing for stds when you haven't had sex in 8 years?

You must have had a false positive 2 years ago.  Its rare, but it happens.  Chlamydia doesn't go dormant.  What kind of testing are you having done?

Aj
Helpful - 0
I had pap and std/viral cbc etc panel 8 years ago, I was 42, and again 2 years ago(48/9 years old) and tested positive for chlamydia was treated then 1 year ago tested negative. paps yearly- ok except trich. for  occaccionally.
Havent had sex 8 years with my husband for trust issue (both ways-we were broke up) and he now has CLL.  WE may like to resume all relations but not if we can't get the Chlamydia issue resolved/cleared up. He just went through antibiotic intravenas for 2 weeks every other day.
He has severe arthritis, loss of knee/cartlidge.
I am having slow to heal sprains, and a knee popped out.
Could this be related to long term Chlamydia?
Helpful - 0
Are you referring to leukemia with CLL?  That would have nothing to do with chlamydia, nor would your sprains and knee (though that doesn't sound fun at all).

I'd have to wonder if you have had false positives.  All your tests wouldn't have missed it.

Aj
Helpful - 0
I thought it affected joints. I have had low grade undiagnosed fevers over the years.
and my right ovary hurts during ovulation and menstruation. I thought they might be tied into long term chlamydia. It sounds though that no one really gets it long term.
The CLL,chronic lymophcitic leukemia, is why I want to be sure I carry nothing.
Helpful - 0
It can, in rare circumstances, but its very rare for that to happen.  It also just wouldn't be certain joints - it would be all joints.

The only way to know if you are carrying an infection is to test again.

Aj
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chlamydia Community

Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.