Herpes Community

Could I still have herpes even if my tests are negative? Please help

Hey there,

So I had protected sex and unprotected oral sex with a hsv infected male, I started freaking out when I saw red bumps on the mons pubis about 7 weeks after the possible exposure. It was a little itchy too. Additionally, my right groin lymph node was swollen. I would also get a few fever blisters in the mouth every now and then.I decided to get tested only for hsv-2. It came out negative, but that still didn't relieve my worries. 15 weeks after the possible exposure, I got the same red bumps on the mons pubis and it was a little itchy. It did go away in like 4 days. I decided to get tested again (15 weeks after possible exposure) for both hsv-1 and hsv-2. They both came out negative. I did the HerpeSelect test from Quest Diagnostics. How conclusive are my results? Do I have herpes? Are these symptoms of herpes? I keep thinking I still have it. My anxiety is super high right now. Should I get retested again?
Hi, no futher testing needed as you are negative.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.