Aa
A
A
A
Close
Kidney Stones Community
419 Members
1532222 tn?1440119195

Do you think kidney stones and being lactose intolerant could be related?

I have suffered from kidney stones for 23 years now but just recently diagnosed as being severely lactose intolerant. I was wondering if there were any correlation between the two. My stones are calcium deposits so I'm thinking my body doesn't handle dairy very well that there could be a connection. Anyone else have this problem with calcium stones and being lactose intolerant?
1 Responses
I'm not lactose intolerant, but I have calcium based stones too and have for 30 plus years. My body doesn't process calcium very well and therefore I stay away from any large amount of dairy products, calcium supplements, etc. I'm no physician but it just seemed like common sense to me. I'd ask my doctor what he/she thinks and go from there.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.